- Holdrege Area Chamber of Commerce
- Phelps County Development Corp.
- Real Estate
- Business Directory
- Phelps County Government
- Business Resources
- News Articles
Phelps County News
Holdrege Chamber Announces New Chamber Check Program!
Town of Holdrege section
by Holdrege Chamber of Commerce on 9/14/2011
The Holdrege Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce our newest program-“Chamber Gift Checks”. This program will replace our current Chamber Buck program. We feel that this program is a positive change as it will make it easier for merchants to accept and redeem them. We will continue to redeem the current Chamber Bucks.
What is the Chamber Gift Check Program?
The Chamber Gift Check program is designed to encourage businesses and individuals in the community to support Holdrege Chamber Members and shopping locally. The program is a great member benefit and has the potential to generate considerable local economic impact.
Purchasing Chamber Gift Checks
Chamber Checks make the perfect birthday, anniversary, thank you or holiday gift. They are also great for employee recognition, safety and merit awards. Member and non-member businesses are encouraged to purchase the Chamber Gift Checks to enhance the local economy.
• Chamber Checks can be purchased at the Holdrege Chamber of Commerce.
• Chamber Checks are available in pre-printed denominations of $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, and $50.
• For orders of 10 or more gift checks we ask for advance notice before pickup.
• Chamber Checks are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Should they expire, the
Chamber will re-issue them without any penalty or service fee.
• Chamber Checks may be redeemed at Chamber Members businesses. For a complete listing of Chamber Members, please visit www.HoldregeChamber.com
Accepting & Redeeming Chamber Gift Checks
The Chamber Check itself is an actual bank check drawn locally through Bruning State Bank and can be deposited by your business like a traditional bank check. Only Members of the Holdrege Chamber of Commerce will be allowed to redeem Gift Checks.
• To let customers know that you accept Chamber Gift Checks, please prominently display your current Chamber membership decal. If you do not have one to display, contact the Chamber at 995-4444.
• When a Chamber Check is presented as payment for items purchased, treat it as you would a
traditional bank check.
• Merchants receiving Gift Checks may decide whether or not to give back change or a store
credit on a purchased item less than the face value of the check.
• Before depositing the Gift Check into your bank account, please ensure that each Chamber Gift Check has been clearly stamped with your business name on the back of the check. We diligently track each redeemed check so that we are able to calculate how much your business has benefited from this program on an annual basis. If you have any questions about the Chamber Gift Check Program, please contact the Holdrege Chamber of Commerce at 995-4444.